Man Utd won’t confirm Antony availability amid abuse probe

Date:

[ad_1]

Manchester United acknowledged the allegations made against the Brazil forward on Wednesday but are refusing to confirm whether Anthony is available for selection.

On Monday, Anthony was left out of the Brazil squad ahead of CONMEBOL’s World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru following new claims of domestic violence made against the footballer by ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavalin, who has waived her right to remain anonymous in the UK.

United issued a statement on Wednesday acknowledging the allegations but declined to comment on whether Anthony was available to play for the club when contacted by ESPN. Anthony, 23, denied any wrongdoing.

A statement issued by United On Wednesday it read: “Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Anthony and notes that the police are investigating.

Pending further information, the club will make no further comment.

“As a club we are taking this matter seriously, considering the impact these allegations and subsequent reporting will have on survivors of abuse.”

Anthony was first accused by DJ and influencer Cavalin in June before more claims were made on Monday.

This prompted the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) to issue a statement later on Monday that the forward had been released from international duty for the games during the international break.

The statement issued by the CBF said: “In light of the information that came to light this Monday involving the Manchester United player Anthony, and which needs to be investigated, and to protect the alleged victim, the player, the Brazilian team and the CBF, the organization announced that the athlete has been withdrawn from the Brazilian team. done.”

The allegations are under investigation in Brazil and have also been reported to police in the UK after Cavalin made a complaint to police about the incidents in Manchester.

Greater Manchester Police issued a statement on Monday which read: “Greater Manchester Police are aware of the allegations and investigations are continuing to establish the circumstances surrounding these reports.”

In response, Anthony posted a statement on social media Monday in which he insisted that all the allegations were “false.”

It read: “Out of respect for my fans, friends and family, I feel compelled to speak publicly about the false allegations I have been the victim of. I have handled this matter seriously and respectfully from the beginning, providing appropriate explanations. Police authorities .

“The police investigation is under the guise of justice and hence I cannot divulge its contents. However, I can say with confidence that the allegations are false and the evidence that has already been produced and the further evidence that will be produced shows that I am innocent of the charges.”

[ad_2]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Republican Primary 2024

Introduction to Republican Primary 2024 The upcoming 2024 Republican Primary...

Who is Matt Canada?

Who is Matt Canada? A Brief Introduction In the sporting...

Real Madrid-bound Endrick prefers Ronaldo over Messi

Real Madrid wonderkid Andric says he is more...

India lost to the conditions, but could they have been braver with the bat?

Rohit Sharma He looked like he was trying...