The summer transfer window has closed across most of Europe, but there is still work going on and plenty of gossip going around. Transfer Talk brings you rumours, arrivals, happenings and of course, all the latest buzz done deal!
Top story: Olmo is in line for a summer transfer from Leipzig to Barca
RB Leipzig attacking midfielder Dani Olmo A move to Barcelona looks increasingly likely in the summer transfer window, as reported Sport build.
The Bundesliga club saw a number of big-name departures during the summer, including Josko Guardiol to Manchester City, Dominik Szoboszlai to Liverpool and Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea. It means Die Roten Bullen Next summer only needs to bring in around €60 million to cover player salaries and club infrastructure.
– Stream on ESPN+: La Liga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: Analytics predict whether Man City’s poor start will continue
Olmo’s contract at Leipzig, which was signed last spring, includes a clause between €60m and €65m depending on the club in the summer. Barcelona is Olmo’s dream club and the one he represented in his youth career, so Leipzig would be willing to accept an offer below that figure.
Olmo, his father Mikel and agent Andy Barra have often spoken to Barca about a possible return and it has even been reported that a secret meeting between the two sides took place in Qatar during the 2022 World Cup. The Spain international surprisingly renewed his Leipzig contract after those talks, despite the clause being included.
Olmo is currently injured but has scored five goals and provided four assists in all competitions this season, including a hat-trick against Bayern Munich in the DFL-Supercup.
– Bayern Munich are interested in the Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Manu KoneReport Christian Falk, who added that Liverpool are still looking at the 22-year-old. The Frenchman missed the start of the current campaign through injury but has now started one Bundesliga match and came off the bench in another.
– AC Milan are expected to sign a striker in the summer, regardless Olivier Giroud Renewing his contract, per Corriere Dello Sport. Their priority remains signing Lille’s Jonathan David as the Ligue 1 club battle to renew the 23-year-old’s contract, which runs until 2025. Lille could let David leave and are asking for 50 million euros. View of Milan Porto Mehndi Taremi and bologna Marko Arnautovic (who is currently on loan at Internazionale) as a possible alternative.
– Manchester United are monitoring Lois Opender’s progress at RB Leipzig and could try to sign the striker in the summer transfer window, according to Football Insider. Die Roten Bullen The 23-year-old was only signed in the summer and hopes to build their side around him will not entertain any January offers.
– Jose Mourinho wants to reunite with Tottenham Hotspur’s centre-back Eric is dear At Roma, as reported by Calciomercato. The 29-year-old’s current Spurs contract expires in the summer and he is undecided on whether to renew and has yet to play a single minute this season.
– Barcelona manager Xavi Hernandez insists on signing Atletico Paranense striker Vitor Roque In January, reports A.SHowever, the 18-year-old is currently injured and won’t be back in action until early 2024. The feeling is not that Bring back Torres or Angel Alarcon A suitable replacement for the currently injured Robert Lewandowski, therefore The Blaugrana They will do everything they can to bring in the Brazilian without offloading anyone, while complying with Financial Fair Play regulations.