The summer transfer window has closed across Europe, but there’s still work going on and plenty of gossip afoot. Transfer Talk brings you rumours, arrivals, happenings and of course, all the latest buzz. done deal!
Liverpool are increasing interest in Bayer Leverkusen’s attacking midfielder Florian WirtzAs reported by Daily Star. A number of clubs are eyeing the talented 20-year-old, including Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Chelsea, but Liverpool are now entering the picture for the £80m-rated player.
Jurgen Klopp is a big fan of the German international, who has scored six goals and provided nine assists in 15 appearances in all competitions this season. So much so that the Reds manager believes he can potentially fill the void Mohamed Salah Should the Egyptian leave, there are expectations the 31-year-old could leave in June despite rejecting an offer from Saudi Arabia last summer.
While Liverpool already have plenty of depth in the attacking department, signing a player of Wirtz’s caliber would be overwhelming and the feeling is that Klopp’s reputation and contacts in Germany guarantee they could be genuine contenders to sign him. However, signing the attacking talent in January is unlikely if Bayer Leverkusen are still in the Bundesliga title race — they are currently top, two points above second-placed Bayern Munich.
Manchester United have also shown an interest in Wirtz but are now out of the picture.
– Stream on ESPN+: La Liga, Bundesliga, more (US)
Paper Gossip (by Danny Lewis)
– Corriere Dello Sportt offered an update on Juventus’ search for a midfielder in absentia Paul Pogba And Niccolò Fazioli Due to suspension. It has been said that I am the Bianconeri Looking at Shakhtar Donetsk Hirohii Sudakoit felt good Khefren Thuramof Tottenham Hotspur Pierre-Emile Hojbjergof Udinese Lazar Samardzik and Napoli’s Piotr Zielinski.
– Also has insight into Juventus’ search for a defender Alex Sandro Coming from this time, the contract ends in the summer La Gazzetta dello Sport. I am the Bianconeri They are focusing their attention on players who could be free agents in the summer, especially looking at Lille Thiago JaloAFC Bournemouth Lloyd Kelly and Atletico Madrid Mario Hermoso.
Talking to Sky Sports Deutschland Before Bayern Munich’s 4-0 win over Borussia Dortmund the bestBayern CEO Jan-Christian Driessen has admitted the club could sign in the January transfer window. “If we feel the need to strengthen ourselves in one place or another, we will do it,” he said, “We still have top quality in our squad. But that doesn’t mean we don’t want to get. Even stronger.”
– Tottenham Hotspur centre-back Eric is dear Rather than leave the club as a free agent in January, according to Football Insider. The 29-year-old has yet to play a minute this season and Spurs will be willing to listen to January offers, although Dier wants to hold on until the summer as he feels he will have more options.
– Aston Villa are ready to listen to offers for the midfielder Leander Dendonker In January, according to Football Insider. The 28-year-old was close to joining Fenerbahce in the summer window but terms could not be agreed and the deal collapsed and Villa are now looking for a loan or permanent move for the Belgian as he has played just 118 minutes in total. competition this season.