The summer transfer window has closed for Europe’s top leagues, but there is still work to be done and plenty of gossip going around. Transfer Talk brings you rumours, arrivals, happenings and of course, all the latest buzz. done deal!
Top story: Williams tracked by La Liga giants
Real Madrid and Barcelona are both interested in signing the Athletic Club forward Nico WilliamsAccording to the game.
The 21-year-old Spain international is on the wishlist of both clubs, who are keeping a close eye on his contract situation after entering the final 12 months of his contract in the summer.
Williams has so far held off on signing an extension, and The Blaugrana He is said to have already contacted his representatives to inform them of his situation.
There is also thought to be interest from the Premier League, with Williams reportedly linked with a move to England in the previous transfer window. With Williams’ contract talks currently at a standstill, interest could reignite as clubs outside La Liga look to sign him to a pre-contract in January — although any club would have to compete with both. Los Blancos And his signature has any chance of winning the race to Barcelona.
Williams scored six goals while assisting four more in 36 league games last season, and has found positive form for Spain of late, contributing four goals in recent European Championship qualifiers against Georgia and Cyprus.
– Stream on ESPN+: La Liga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: Projecting how USMNT stars will do at new Euro club
– AC Milan are looking to move forward with contract negotiations for the goalkeeper Mike Magnanpublished Calciomercato. Talks are said to have already begun with the 28-year-old’s representatives, who are requesting a salary of €6 million per season on a new five-year contract until the summer of 2028. Rossoneri Since joining from Lille, has made a total of 58 Serie A appearances
-Full refund Joao Cancelo Wants to stay at Barcelona beyond 2024, report El Chiringuito TV. The 29-year-old Portugal international arrived at the club on loan from Manchester City on deadline day this summer and it is believed he could be signed on a permanent basis for a fee of €35m. Cancelo has been in brilliant form for manager Xavi Hernandez this season, contributing three goals in three La Liga matches.
– Everton and West Ham United are among a number of Premier League sides interested in the Shakhtar Donetsk defender Mykola MatvienkoAccording to team talk. The 27-year-old was previously on the radar of both Brentford and Brighton & Hove Albion, but any potential deal fell through when he signed a new contract with his current club. His representatives are said to be exploring potential deals that could see him move to England’s top flight. Crystal Palace, Burnley and Sheffield United are also interested in his signature.
– Paris Saint-Germain are ready to prize the midfielder Warren Zaire-Emery With a new contract, he said Fabrizio Romano. PSG want to make the 17-year-old a key part of their project going forward and are said to be close to agreeing a full deal with him that would see him extend his contract at the Parc des Princes. Jair-Emery was recently linked with Manchester City.
– AC Milan are keeping a close eye on the RB Leipzig forward’s situation Benjamin Ciscosaid Calciomercato. The Rossoneri The 20-year-old Slovenia international is one of the latest names on their wishlist with a highly rated forward prospect keen to develop for the future. Cesko joined Leipzig from Salzburg in the summer for €24m, and has made an impressive start to his career in Germany, scoring three goals in his last four matches across all competitions.