The summer transfer window has closed across Europe, but there’s still work going on and plenty of gossip afoot. Transfer Talk brings you rumours, arrivals, happenings and of course, all the latest buzz. done deal!
Top story: Man City want to try again on Lucas Paketa
Manchester City want to return to the negotiating table for the West Ham midfielder Lucas PaquetteAccording to UOL.
The Citizens agreed a deal worth £80m in principle for the 26-year-old in the summer, but did not complete the move after it was revealed he was being investigated for alleged betting breaches.
However, recent reports indicate that Man City are “determined” to make a fresh offer for his signature in January if they can get clarity on his situation.
– Stream on ESPN+: La Liga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: Meet the man who fixed Liverpool and wants to fix Europe
Manager Pep Guardiola is said to be eyeing Paqueta as a potential long-term successor to Kevin De Bruyne, who is out of contract at Man City in 2025, and who has struggled with hamstring problems this season.
Paqueta has been a key player for West Ham in the current campaign, making 15 appearances for David Moyes’ side in all competitions and scoring the winner as the Hammers beat Olympiakos 1-0 in the Europa League on Thursday.
– Arsenal and Manchester United are interested in signing the Nice centre-back Jean-Claire Todibowrites the game. There have already been inquiries about the 23-year-old from two Premier League sides, but it is reported that Nice are looking to resist offers in January, but could be open to moving him on in the summer. Barcelona will receive 20% of potential transfer fees in the future.
– Started the process of signing international strikers Lautaro Martinez A new covenant, reveals Cesar Lewis Merleau. The 26-year-old’s representatives are said to have met with the club earlier this week and talks are underway over a new four-year deal that would keep him at the club until the summer of 2027. The The NerazzurriKey player this season, scoring 14 goals in 15 games in all competitions.
– The Schalke 04 midfielder’s representatives have been contacted by AC Milan Asan Wedraogosaid Calciomercato. The Rossoneri The Bundesliga club are said to be considering opening official talks in January with the hope of signing the 17-year-old, but are aware that this could prove difficult with strong competition expected for his signature.
– Two Brazilian clubs are interested in signing the wing-back at Internacional Juan Cuadradosaid Ekrem Konur. The 35-year-old joined the Serie A club on a free transfer after his contract with Juventus expired in the summer and has yet to make a competitive start in the league, looking like he’s starting to emerge as a prospect. A transfer option in January, when clubs outside Serie A will be able to offer him a pre-contract deal.
– Fulham are set to make a “war chest” move for manager Marco Silva in January after signing a new deal at the club, according to Football Insider. The Cottagers are reportedly on the lookout for a replacement for the striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, who left the club for Saudi Pro League side Al Hilal in the summer. Silva’s latest deal sees him secure at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2026.