The summer transfer window has closed for Europe’s top leagues, but there is still work to be done and plenty of gossip swirling. Transfer Talk brings you rumours, arrivals, happenings and of course, all the latest buzz done deal!
Top story: Man United eye defensive reinforcements
Manchester United have identified two centre-backs from Benfica Antonio Silva And wonderful stars Jean-Claire Todibo As possible reinforcements in January, according Daily letter.
The Red Devils are keen to strengthen their defense when the transfer window opens as their woes at the back continue, as manager Erik ten Hag watched a 3-2 UEFA Champions League defeat by Galatasaray at Old Trafford on Tuesday.
19-year-old Silva has been in excellent form for Portuguese side Benfica in the Champions League last season. He has previously been linked with Paris Saint-Germain, but a move is not expected to be easy As Aguias Will likely demand a €100 million fee to part with him.
Todibo, who previously played for Barcelona, is another option on United’s radar, with the 23-year-old now an established defender in Ligue 1 making 91 appearances over the past four seasons. He earned his first cap for France in a friendly against Germany last month.
Meanwhile, the paper reports that the future Harry Maguire The England international continues to be “up in the air” fighting for a place in Ten Hague’s squad. Maguire rejected a £30million move from West Ham United in the summer.
– Stream on ESPN+: La Liga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: Projecting how USMNT stars will do at new Euro club
– Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Pedro Neto Is on Liverpool’s radar, reveals Calciomercato. The Reds are believed to be watching the 23-year-old after his impressive form this season, but they will have to compete with Arsenal who have been linked with an interest in his signature. Neto has contributed five goals in seven Premier League games this season, with recent reports suggesting that Wolves will not be willing to part with him in January.
– Negotiations have been scheduled by Arsenal as they look to reach an agreement on a new contract with the defender Ben WhiteReport Fabrizio Romano. The Gunners are said to be keen to reward the 25-year-old for his excellent form, with optimism that he wants to stay at the Emirates Stadium. White has been a key player for manager Mikel Arteta since joining from Brighton in 2021 for a £50m fee.
– Several Premier League clubs are interested in the Brentford forward Evan ToneyAccording to Football Insider, but Newcastle United are not believed to be one of them. The Magpies are said to believe Toney does not fit the type of striker manager Eddie Howe wants to acquire, although they are on the lookout for potential reinforcements when the transfer window opens. Toney will be available for selection in January when his suspension for a betting breach expires, and has previously been linked with Arsenal.
– Juventus are considering a move for the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Pierre-Emile HojbjergAccording to Gazzetta dello Sport. The The Bianconeri An alternative midfielder is reportedly being sought amid ongoing uncertainty over his future Paul PogbaAnd the latest hint that they could launch an approach for the 28-year-old Denmark international, who was linked with a move away from Spurs in the summer.
– Eintracht Frankfurt are keeping a close eye on the Nuremberg defender Nathaniel BrownSky Sports Deutschland says Florian Plettenberg. The 20-year-old has impressed in Germany’s second division this season, with a number of Bundesliga sides reportedly monitoring his situation closely. His teammate, the 17-year-old midfielder Uzun can do Also believed to be on Frankfurt’s radar.
– Bayern Munich target Nestory Irankunda said Seven News That she is “mentally exhausted” by the interest shown to her by Europe’s elite. The 17-year-old Adelaide United winger, hailed by some as a generational talent, has been linked with a move to the Bundesliga giants for more than 18 months, but a deal has so far failed to materialise.