The summer transfer window has closed across most of Europe, but there’s still work going on and plenty of gossip going around. Transfer Talk brings you rumours, arrivals, happenings and of course, all the latest buzz done deal!
Top story: Despite lack of depth, Real Madrid willing to wait for Haaland or Mbappe
Real Madrid are waiting to sign the striker Erling Haaland From Manchester City or Kylian Mbappé Reported from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer of 2024 brand.
Although they feel they lack the forward options they need in the short term, Madrid are insisting on sticking to their original approach of a big 2024 signing as they prioritize landing one of the two most threatening attackers in world football.
los blancos’ The original plan was disrupted by striker Karim Benzema’s preference to join Saudi Arabian side Al Ittihad in the summer after Real Madrid had already spent more than €100 million to land midfielder Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund. Benzema’s departure has left Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti without adequate attacking depth, even after bringing in Joselu on loan this season.
– Stream on ESPN+: La Liga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: Depth charts for every Premier League team
One of the reasons for their inability to sign a big-name replacement soon is that they expected Benzema to leave in 2024, meaning they were prepared to spend big on Haaland or Mbappe at that point.
Meanwhile, Madrid are also looking to make moves along their back line.
Left-back Fran Garcia was brought in from Rayo Vallecano in the summer, Los Blancos Also expected to sign Alphonso Davis from Bayern Munich to strengthen the left-back spot ahead of the 2024-25 campaign.
At centre-back, Madrid plan to bring Rafa Marin The 21-year-old is currently in the first-team fold with the 21-year-old on loan at Deportivo Alaves.
– Manchester United are looking at Nice Jean-Claire TodiboBayer Leverkusen’s Edmond Tapsoba and Benfica Antonio Silva As their aim is to strengthen the centre-back, accordingly Fabrizio Romano. He added that a move is more likely in the summer and January. Time may depend Harry MaguireThe 30-year-old is determined to stay and compete for his place at Old Trafford.
– Will go for Juventus Domenico Berardi Only if they finish in the top four in January and Sassuolo are in a strong position to avoid relegation, as reported La Gazzetta dello Sport. Heavily linked with Winger I am the Bianconeri Prior to the weekend’s matches, Juventus were third in Serie A with 13 points and Sassuolo were ninth with nine.
-Chelsea is optimistic about that Ian Matsen Will sign a new deal to stay at Stamford Bridge, according to Football InsiderThe 21-year-old’s current contract expires in the summer of 2024. Burnley wanted to sign Mattsen after his successful loan spell with them last season, but the left-back turned down the move.
– Both Benfica and Porto are interested in the River Plate winger Pablo SolariAccording to Corriere Dello Sport. The Portuguese giants have both tried to open talks, but River Plate has so far stalled. Solari, 22, has recorded 11 goals and 11 assists in 36 appearances in all competitions this season.
– Confirmed on Burnley’s official channel, Vitinho Signed a new contract which will keep the right-back with the Clarets until 2027. The 24-year-old moved to Turf Moor in the summer of 2022 and has played a total of 44 games for the club, scoring three goals and recording three assists.