The summer transfer window has closed across Europe, but there’s still work going on and plenty of gossip afoot. Transfer Talk brings you rumours, arrivals, happenings and of course, all the latest buzz. done deal!
Top Story: PIF identifies Bruno as next target
Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes Could be the next star of the Saudi Pro League, according to Rudy Galletti.
The journalist reported that Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, which controls most of the country’s four biggest clubs, is exploring the possibility of a deal for the United captain at the end of the current season.
PIF representatives believe that a move could happen in 2024 and hope to start discussions with Portugal’s international representatives about the possibility of future talks.
Fernandes has scored 66 goals and added 57 assists in 199 appearances since joining United in 2020 from Sporting CP. This season alone, despite United’s indifferent form, he has scored three times in 11 matches.
The 29-year-old midfielder has been handed the captain’s armband under Erik ten Haag, but the side are struggling in his second season under the Dutch coach.
Fernandes leads a long list of targets set by Saudi investors and if he leaves England he could join a number of stars who have already moved to the Saudi pro league, including former club-mate and compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo.
– Stream on ESPN+: La Liga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: Projecting how USMNT stars will do at new Euro club
– Liverpool and Bayern Munich battle to sign Schalke 04 wonderkid Asan WedraogoAccording to Ekrem Konur. The 17-year-old German star featured for both clubs in Schalke’s 3-2 win over Hannover in late October, where he came on as a substitute. Ouedraogo plays in the center of midfield and has already made 11 appearances this season, scoring once and adding an assist.
– Italian rivals AC Milan and Juventus are both monitoring the AFC Bournemouth captain’s situation Lloyd Kelly. According to that CalciomercatoThose who believe that when Rossoneri Keen to bolster their central defensive options, Juve are also keeping a close eye on the 25-year-old. Kelly, who is strong in the air and boasts good leadership skills, can also play on the left side of defence. The The Bianconeri Kelly hopes to tempt him with an offer in January that would see him spend the season in England before joining in June.
– Tottenham Hotspur boss Ange Postecoglou could raid his old club in a bid to land the Celtic striker Kyogo FuruhashiAccording to the sun. Postecoglou has sent scout Ian Broomfield north of the border to assess Scotland’s best talent and the 28-year-old Japanese is a target for the north London club. Furuhashi has scored 61 goals in 98 games since joining the Scottish champions in 2021. Spurs are also said to be interested in Aberdeen’s Montenegrin central defender Slobodan Rubezic.
– Real Madrid are concerned about their central defensive options and are eyeing the Sporting CP star Goncalo InacioAccording to Diario AS. With some of their current options injured or out of form, Los Blancos Inasio, who turns 22 in January, looks to be a shrewd addition. Madrid will have to part with €60 million to land their man despite facing competition from Manchester United who are also keen on the impressive defender.
– Juventus could make a move for the Sassuolo striker Domenico Berardi In January, according to Corriere Dello Sport. The 29-year-old forward has been at Sassuolo for 12 years but feels now is the right time to try his luck at Serie A’s biggest club. The The Bianconeri Tried to sign Berardi in the summer, but now it looks like they can convince his employers to let him leave on a loan deal with an obligation to buy. Sassuolo value their captain at €30m.